10 (OF MANY) WAYS TO EARN THAT DISTINCTION
This webinar provides practical insights for men who want to be allies to women, people of privilege who want to do more to fight inequity and powerful individuals who want to be better advocates for change.
Using research and the input of a diverse field of expert voices, Jill Geisler will provide examples of the skills, values and actions that, taken in total, lead people to trust and respect your commitment to Workplace Integrity, defined as environments free of harassment, discrimination and incivility, and filled with opportunity, especially for those who’ve traditionally been denied it.
In the “Do You Qualify as an Ally?” webinar, you will learn:
- How to have courageous conversations with the right words at the right time
- How to keep bias from finding its way into decision-making
- Why micro-aggressions aren’t really so “micro” — and how to stop them
- How to address the burden of “invisible work” that can harm underrepresented staff
- Real-world situations in which newsroom allies made a difference for their colleagues —and created better journalism, too
Jill Geisler will be available for Q&A afterward.
This is a FREE webinar, brought to you by the Power Shift Project.
Jill Geisler is the Freedom Forum’s Institute fellow in Women’s Leadership and the Bill Plante Chair in Leadership and Media Integrity at Loyola University Chicago. She is an internationally recognized expert in leadership and management and the person news organizations reach out to when their managers need solutions, skills and inspiration. A master teacher with deep roots in journalism, Jill designs and delivers programs in the Freedom Forum Institute’s Power Shift initiative, including its highly regarded Workplace Integrity curriculum.