Join highly experienced broadcast news trainers Jill Geisler and Scott Libin and their guest faculty members for two days of hands-on training presented by RTDNA and Loyola University Chicago School of Communication. Move beyond "talent coaching" and delivery polishing to learn "Skills without Script." Anchors, Producers, and News Directors will walk away with coaching skills and leadership know-how to ensure your station's on-air talent leads from the news desk and in the newsroom.
Lori Waldon, Regional Director of News, Hearst Television
Patti Dennis, Vice President & Director of Recruiting, TEGNA
Steve Ackermann, Vice President, Raycom
Candy Altman, Vice President, Hearst
Chip Mahaney, News Director, WCPO
Tuition is $295 for non-members. Join to save- tuition is $249 for RTDNA members.
Bring your colleagues: Tuition is half off for additional attendees from your newsroom.
Why does this summit matter? Anchors should be leaders, not readers, which takes off-camera skills.
The curriculum will include:
- The anchor as fact-checker and trust-builder
- Social media skills
- Coaching skills
- Conflict resolution and difficult conversations
- The anchor and breaking news
- The anchor’s voice in making ethical decisions and telling untold stories
- Leading the Grammar Police
- Emotional intelligence in the newsroom; getting the best from all personalities
- Anchor as reporter: developing a network of sources
- Anchor/news director/staff relationships
The summit is limited to the first 100 attendees to register. Registration is now open.
Sign in or select "Continue as Guest" to register.